HOW TO BUY
Online Bidder Registration
Complete the online registration form to submit your information, including full name, mailing address, telephone number and email address through Gardner Galleries secure website. You must also read and accept our terms & conditions of sale. If new to Gardner Galleries and registering for the first time, you will receive an email requesting a valid credit card for pre-authorization puposes (note: a pre-authorization is not a charge and no funds will be debited from your account). New bidders located outside of Canada must contact our office and supply additional information, such as valid photo identification and a bank reference. Once your identity is confirmed, your account will be activated and you will be provided with an online bidder number which is used to track your purchases. You are now ready to join over 20,000 registered bidders in weekly online auctions of jewellery, art, furniture, collectibles and more. You can also cancel your online account anytime, simply by notifying us.
For those uncomfortable with online bidding, Gardner Galleries will bid on their behalf by filling out an absentee bid form in person. Arrangements should be made as early as possible and Gardner Galleries will not be held responsible for failure to execute absentee bids.
To bid online:
- Be sure you are logged in and are a registered bidder
- Click on the auction of your interest and scroll down using "grid" or "list" views
- Before bidding:
- Review the terms & conditions of sale and advertised buyer's premium
- Confirm the start and end date
- Carefully read the description of the lot, including size and condition
- Use the "enlarge" and "download" features to expand the image size
- Confirm your pick-up and shipping options; if the item is too large to ship or you are unsure it will fit in your vehicle, contact us
- Understand you are entering a legal contract with Gardner Galleries to purchase the item you are bidding on
- Place at least the next minimum (see bidding increments below) or your MAXIMUM bid, make sure the bid amount was entered correctly and CONFIRM your bid
- Once your bid is confirmed, it cannot be cancelled and you agree to pay the bid price, plus buyer's premium and tax
- Your bid will be automatically entered at the lowest bid available and will automatically increase up to your maximum when other bidding takes place
- If bidding on multiple items, it is recommended to use "Bidding History" or "Watch List", located by clicking "My Account" and follow the drop down menu
- Soft Closing Auction Clock
- Auction closing times automatically adjust as necessary, per lot, if bidding takes place in the last five minutes - as an example, if a bid is entered with only two minutes left in the auction, an extension is added and the clock will reset to five minutes for that particular lot until bidding has ended; this allows the under bidder a fair chance to bid again
- Gardner Galleries strongly suggest placing your maximum bid and do not wait until the last second as internal clocks for computers and devices may differ
- Refresh the Auction Page
- You must have an account and be logged in to view bidding in real time
- If you are logged out, pages only refresh every 5 minutes and you may miss out on the action!
- End of Auction
- You will receive an invoice by email within one hour after the auction closes, showing the total amount owing including buyer's premium and tax (13% HST)
- Payment must be made in full and items collected within one week after the auction (see below)
Minimum Bidding Increments:
Bid Price: Increments:
*Note: You can place your "maximum bid" at any time during an online auction over the next minimum bid increment.
Viewing & Condition Reports
All items offered for sale are available for viewing in advance. The auction description will provide information regarding time and location of viewing for that particular auction. We encourage anyone interested in buying to attend the viewing, examine items in person and confirm size and condition. Our staff is also on hand during viewing times to assist you and answer questions. Gardner's will provide condition reports as an opinion only. Every item is sold "as is" unless mentioned otherwise in the description.
Payment, Buyer's Premium & Taxes
You will receive a notification and invoice within one hour after the online auction closes to your registered email on file. The advertised buyer's premium and HST (13%) is added to the purchase price unless tax exemption is applicable and all sales are in Canadian dollars. Payment must be made within one week (7 days) by cash, debit, certified cheque, Visa, Mastercard or eTransfer either in person at Gardner Galleries, by telephone or email. A 2% discount on buyer's premium will apply if paying by cash, debit, certified cheque or eTransfer within one week after the auction. If you are located outside of London and paying by credit card over the phone, please call 519-439-3333 during business hours; if paying by eTransfer, contact our office for payment instructions once your invoice is received and confirm the security question and answer with a Gardner Galleries representative.
Collection of Purchases and Shipping
The pick-up location is always the Gardner Galleries store location (407 Hamilton Road, London, ON, N5Z 1R8), unless mentioned otherwise in the auction description and office hours for pick-up are Monday-Friday 8:30am to 5:00pm and Saturday from 10:00am to noon hour. Free parking and loading is available at the rear of building and Gardner's staff are available to assist with loading heavier items, such as furniture.
If you live outside of London and are unable to pick-up your purchases during business hours, Gardner Galleries will pack and ship small purchases (ie. jewellery or small paintings) via Canada Post; a surcharge for packing/handling of $15.00 + HST will be added and please allow up to two weeks for items to be packaged and shipped. If you wish to have purchases shipped through another service (FedEx, UPS, etc.) please let a representative know beforehand. Gardner Galleries will not ship large items such as furniture or pianos but may be able to arrange delivery from Windsor to Toronto: always contact our office for a free estimate prior to bidding, as the cost of shipping may exceed the selling price.
If you are able to pick up your purchases but live outside of London and cannot arrive within one week after the auction, please let our office know beforehand as storage charges ($25.00/week + HST per item) will apply. If items are not paid within the specified time frame and no contact from the purchaser has been made, items will be re-sold or disposed of and your account will be permanently blocked from future bidding. Please read the terms & conditions of sale section for more information.
Vintage diamond ring - Sold: $16,000.00, November, 2019